N. G. Cowen Scholarship
March 3 @ 8:00 am - March 31 @ 5:00 pm
The Illinois Masonic Children’s Assistance Program (IMCAP), an Illinois Freemasonry Charity is partnering with the Southern Masonic Lodges in offering the N. G. Cowen Scholarship for the second year. The Cowen Scholarship was created to honor the memory of Master Mason Norredden Gene Cowen by his wife.
The goal of the Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to young adults from small towns in Southern Illinois, who are pursuing a training in the vocational or technical fields. The Cowen family hopes this scholarship will not only bless the lives of young people, but also benefit the towns to which they might return to as skilled workers and craftsmen. With this particular vision in mind, Mrs. Cowen has instilled the following requirements. Applicants must:
– Plan to attend or be currently enrolled in a trade school, vocational classes at a college,
community college, GED or apprenticeship program
– Reside in a town in the Southern Area with a population under 10,000
– Be 25 years old or younger
– Be in need of financial assistance
– Have had a high school GPA of 3.3 or lower.
– Receive Referral Endorsement from an Illinois Mason in any Masonic affiliation.
– Return completed application by March 31, 2020.
Applications are available through the Illinois Masonic Children’s Assistance Program (IMCAP) or a local Masonic Lodge. Please contact IMCAP at (217) 529-8900 Ext. 222 or
IMCAP@ilmason.org with any questions or concerns.